Monday 13 June 2011

To Doula or not to Doula

Yesterday we had a doula come to the house for a private prenatal class.  There were lots of options for prenatal classes but I thought a private session would be best for us.  We have been through a previous pregnancy loss in hospital and I had a lot of concerns and questions that I felt were specific to our experiences that I wouldn't have felt comfortable sharing in a public class.  She was lovely and very informative and five hours (yes, five hours!) flew by.  I now find myself very confused about my plans, originally I was an epidural girl all the way, now I can't believe I am actually considering hiring a birth doula and trying natural childbirth.  Most of my friends have gone the epidural route so I'm reading as many birth stories as possible to get perspectives on both options.  Please share if you have a story of your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment